Radio-frequency scanners, like the Uniden Bearcat Scanner, check for active radio communications in your immediate area. They’re commonly purchased by hobbyists, but they also have many business applications. For example, warehousers can use them to monitor communications between warehouse staff, truckers and security guards. Frequencies can be added during scanning, but it’s quicker and more effective to manually program known frequencies.
Programming a Base Model on the Uniden Bearcat Scanner
- Connect the scanner to its supplied antenna, or use an external antenna for better reception. Plug in your scanner. Turn on your scanner and ensure that it’s working.
- Hold down the “Prog” key on your scanner’s keypad until the letters “CH” begin blinking on its display.
- Choose a storage bank for your first frequency. This can be either Private, Fire/EMG or Police, depending what the frequency is used for.
- , use the numeric keypad to enter the first frequency from your list. For example, if the frequency is 123.4567, you’d press the 1, 2 and 3 keys, then the decimal, then the remaining digits.
- Use the numeric keypad to enter the first frequency you want to monitor. For example, if the frequency is 123.4567, you would press the “1,” “2” and “3” keys, then the decimal and then the remaining digits.
- Repeat the process to add any additional frequencies and press the “Prog” key again to exit the programming mode.
Programming a Handheld Model of the Uniden Bearcat Scanner
- Ensure the battery is fully charged, or plug in the AC adapter. Attach the flexible antenna, or connect your portable to an external antenna for better reception.
- Press the “Scan” button to put the handheld into scanning mode and press “Manual” to enter manual programming mode. Your scanner will have a number of available channels that can be programmed. Enter the channel number you wish to use and press “Manual” again.
- Enter the frequency you wish to store, using the numeric keypad. For example, if the frequency is 123.4567, you would press the “1,” “2” and “3” keys, the decimal point and then the remaining digits.
- Press the “E” or “Enter” key. The display will flash to show the frequency has been stored successfully. If the scanner beeps, that indicates you’ve already programmed that frequency into a different channel. Press “E” again to store it anyway, or the asterisk if you want to enter a different frequency.
- Press “Scan” again to return to scanning mode.
Super Health Secrets
When asked about his secret of staying young, Dick Clark replied, ” it’s simple. Pick your parents carefully. “
Obviously, you can’t pick your parents, otherwise Ozzie and Harriet would have had thousands of children. However, who your parents are can have a huge impact on how long you live. Diseases that can cut your life short, like heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and most types of cancers, have a strong genetic connection.
Here is a detailed article that explains how you can avoid or reduce the impact these deadly diseases that you might have inherited.