Potatoes. Cheese. And bacon. With these 3, you can’t go wrong.Damn Delicious – Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
And when you can throw these in a slow cooker, well that’s a double win right there.
Now the hardest part about these is not the prep.
It’s the part where you have to hold yourself back before you eat every single perfectly-textured potato chunk smothered in cheesy goodness and crisp bacon bits.
And I really don’t even know how to classify this. It could be an appetizer, side dish, snack or an entree.
I actually had it as all of the above, and devoured every last potato. And don’t think that Jason and I weren’t fighting for that last bacon bit at the bottom of the plate!
SLOW COOKER CHEESY BACON RANCH POTATOES
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 8 HOURS, 15 MINUTES
total time: 8 HOURS, 30 MINUTES
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread bacon in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until brown and crispy, about 12-14 minutes. Let cool before crumbling; set aside.
- Line a slow cooker with aluminum foil, leaving enough to overhang to wrap the potatoes on top, and coat with nonstick spray. Place a layer of potatoes evenly into the slow cooker. Top with cheese, Ranch Seasoning and bacon, repeating 2 more times and reserving 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover potatoes with aluminum foil. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and cook until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives.
Adapted from The Recipe Critic
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 106.2%
Total Fat 11.8g 18%
Saturated Fat 6.0g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 29.4mg 10%
Sodium 228.0mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 26.2g 9%
Dietary Fiber 3.0g12%
Protein 9.4g 19%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.