A foolproof recipe for easy Instant Pot Baked Potatoes. Learn how to cook perfect baked potatoes in your pressure cooker, plus how to make baked potatoes with crispy skins. Prep Time5 mins Cook Time20 mins Total Time43 mins Servings servings Calories168kcal
- 4 medium Russet potatoes (scrubbed)
- Pour 1 cup cold water into the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot. Place the metal trivet in the pot.
- Prick the potatoes in a few spots with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on top of the trivet in the Instant Pot. It is ok if they are stacked on top of each other.
- Close the lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position.
- Press Manual/Pressure Cook and set the cook time: 12 minutes for small potatoes, 16 minutes for medium potatoes, 20 minutes for large potatoes (see box in the post above for more size details). The Instant Pot will take 8-12 minutes to reach pressure and then the cook time will begin counting down.
- When the cook time ends, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes by leaving the Instant Pot alone. Then quick release any remaining pressure by carefully turning the steam release valve to the venting position using the handle of a long spoon.
- When the float valve drops down, open the Instant Pot lid.
To Get Crispy Skins (Optional)
- Place the baked potatoes on baking sheet (line with foil if desired, but not parchment since you cannot place parchment paper under the broiler).
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Place under the broiler in the oven for 3-7 minutes, until skins begin to get golden and crisp. Watch the potatoes closely so they don’t burn.
Serving: 1potato | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 12.1mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.8m
Nutrition information is an estimate