- 0:10 Prep
- 6:45 Cook
- 4 Servings
- Capable cooks
Contains Low carb , High protein , High fibre and soy.
Pop a few ingredients in your slow cooker and come back later to a no-fuss beef and vegetable soup. Easy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750g beef chuck steak, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small swede, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups beef style liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained, rinsed crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, carrot, celery and swede. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until combined and heated through.
- Step 2. Transfer mixture to the bowl of a 5 litre slow-cooker. Add beef, stock, tomato and thyme. Cover. Turn slow-cooker on low. Cook for 6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Step 3. Stir in beans. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, for 30 minutes or until beans are heated through. Serve with bread.