These slow cooker turkey meatballs in tomato sauce are a great alternative to traditional beef meatballs. Can be served over pasta or make meatball sandwiches with sauteed onions and peppers with melted Italian cheese over the top. Fantastic!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 4 hrs 5 mins
Additional: 5 mins
Total: 4 hrs 25 mins
Yield: 6 servings
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 ¼ cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried bas
- Step 1 Saute onion and Italian dressing in a small saute pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.ADVERTISEMENT
- Step 2 Combine turkey, bread crumbs, garlic, sauteed onions, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix well.
- Step 3 Combine diced tomatoes and marinara in a second bowl; set aside.
- Step 4 Form 1/2 of the turkey mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs and layer them in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour 1/2 of the tomato mixture over the meatballs. Form the remaining turkey mixture into meatballs and layer with remaining tomato mixture.
- Step 5 Cover and cook until no longer pink in the centers, about 4 hours on High, or 8 hours on Low.
Per Serving: 415 calories; protein 29.8g 60% DV; carbohydrates 41.1g 13% DV; fat 14.1g 22% DV; cholesterol 86.5mg 29% DV; sodium 1281.2mg 51% DV.