Tools used in this Crock Pot Pizza Casserole recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for transferring ingredients!
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 4 hours 15 minutes; Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes; Course: Main Dish; Servings: 5 servings; Calories: 1159kcal; Author: Adapted from Crock Pot Recipe Exchange
- 8 ounce box of short pasta rigatoni, penne or ziti
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 8 ounce package of sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 large white onion chopped
- 42 ounces of pizza sauce Three 14-ounce jars
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until almost al dente, but not quite, about 6 or 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta boils, cook the Italian sausage and ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Layer the pepperoni slices between a couple paper towels. Place the towels on a plate and microwave for 15 seconds to help remove the excess grease from the pepperoni.
- In a large bowl mix together the pasta, Italian sausage, pepperoni, ground beef, onion, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
- Coat the inside of a 5-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray
- Layer the pasta in the slow cooker, alternating layers with the shredded mozzarella cheese. There should be three layers, ending with the cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve warm with garlic bread and a salad.
If this recipe is cooked longer than 4 hours or on HIGH it may burn. Three hours worked perfectly for me.
Calories: 1159kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 78g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 220mg | Sodium: 3312mg | Potassium: 1463mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1660IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 551mg | Iron: 6.4mg