I’ve created a lightened up, dairy-free Chicken Tikka Masala with Cauliflower and Peas in the Instant Pot to satisfy my craving for Indian food!
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee, butter or coconut oil for df
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Press saute button and melt the butter, add onion, garlic, ginger and 6 spices (from coriander to cardamom) and saute until the vegetables are soft and the spices are fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and use an immersion to blend until smooth (or blend in the blender), add the chicken, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir, cook high pressure 15 minutes.
- Quick release, add the cauliflower and peas and cook 2 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release, stir in coconut milk and serve garnished with cilantro.
Serving: 3/4 cup, Calories: 226kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 405mg, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 4gBlue Smart Points:5Green Smart Points:6Purple Smart Points:5Points +:6